Aurora Family Eyecare Open & Offering Appointments!
We are happy to see! Our office looks different but rest assured, our quality of care and service is the same.
To protect our patients and staff, we have modified our office and procedures to follow guidelines set by the College of Optometrists of Ontario and the Ontario Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 Operational Requirements.
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- We are open by appointment only. No walk-ins.
- Our team will review your pertinent information and COVID-19 screening questions.
- Please do not enter our office if you have traveled outside of Ontario within the past 14 days, if you are feeling unwell, if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid19, or if you yourself have tested positive for COVID-19
- Wait in your car or at the door and we will escort you into the clinic once it is safe to enter
- Come to your appointment alone (only one parent of child/caregiver/translator is allowed if needed)
- Leave unnecessary items (extra bags, outerwear) in your car
- All persons entering the office must be wearing a face mask when you enter and for the duration of the your time in the clinic (If you do not have a facemask you will be allowed to purchase for $2)
- All persons entering the clinic must clean their hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Please maintain a 2m distance away from staff and other patients when possible
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- We are communicating with our patients, advising them not to come into the office if they have traveled outside of Ontario within the past 14 days, if they are feeling unwell, if they have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid19, or if they have tested positive for COVID-19
- Our team has completed training for Aurora Family Eyecare COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Operating Procedures. They are mandated not to come to work if they have a fever or if they are feeling unwell
- We are limiting booking availability to allow for social distancing and ample time for cleaning between patients
- We continue to offer telehealth video exams when appropriate to minimize the need for in-office exams
- Waiting areas have been eliminated/reduced to allow for social distancing
- All persons entering office must wear a face mask and clean their hands with alcohol based sanitizer
- Plexiglas barriers have been placed at our front desk to protect our staff and appropriate PPE is provided when 2m social distancing is not possible
- Exam rooms have been equipped with instrument-shields to protect our patients and doctors
- Our optical is now a “white glove service” experience and all frames are sanitized before and after they are tried on
- We are increasing frequency of cleaning high-touch areas in addition to maintaining thorough disinfection of equipment and exam rooms between patients
- We have eliminated paper intake forms and converted them to digital formats
- We have implemented non-contact payment with a new POS terminal that allows “tap”
- Direct-shipment or curbside pick-up is encouraged for contact lens orders and appropriate eyeglass orders